I’m pretty sure I could eat Indian food just about every day of my life. That being said, a good mint chutney drizzled all over just about any Indian spiced dish is heaven to me. You can use this raw, plant based, oil free mint chutney as a dipping or drizzling sauce. See my other recipes for grain free naan, pumpkin curry and spinach koftas that pair amazingly with this chutney recipe!
Savory Mint Chutney (Raw)
Serves: Approximately 2-4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
– 2 cups fresh, mint leaves (remove stems)
– 2 cups fresh, cilantro leaves (Leave the stems on for even more nutrients and flavor)
– 1 tsp. chili powder or 2 green chilies (depending on your preferred spice level)
– 1” raw ginger, chopped
– 2 tsps. cumin
– Juice of 1 lemon
– Himalayan sea salt (to taste or about 1 tsp.)
– 4 or 5 tsps. water
1. In a food processor (or blender of choice), blend all ingredients to a fairly smooth paste. You may need to add another tablespoon or two of water as you blend.
2. Store the chutney in a glass, airtight container until used.
3. Pair with naan, H Lyfe’s pumpkin curry or other Indian flavored pakoras or samosas.