This yummy tofu bake is a staple meal in our house because it’s super tasty, easy to make, nice and filling plus it can be eaten for several days after it’s first prepared. It’s a great base recipe that you can slightly alter with other ingredients to either switch up the flavor or nutrient count. Any time I can sneak in Indian flavors to my dishes I do! However, you can easily substitute the tikka paste for another savory style sauce or herb blend. I love pairing this dish with an arugula salad for dinner or just eating a slice for breakfast. It’s super versatile and can also be great to take to gatherings. I recently made two versions of this bake for a good friend’s wedding day brunch and it was a big hit! As always, use organic where you can!
Savory Indian Tikka Tofu Bake
Serves: 6-8 Entrée Portions
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
– 1 Block Extra Firm Organic/Non GMO Tofu
– 6 Large Eggs
– 1 Head Cauliflower
– 5 Tbs. tikka paste (available on Amazon if your local grocery store doesn’t carry)
– 2/3rd cup feta or goat cheese, crumbled
– Sea Salt to taste (approximately 2-3 Tbs.)
– 2 tsp. chili powder
– 1 tsp. dried oregano
– 1 tsp. garlic powder
– 2 Tbs. paprika
– 1 ½ cups raw, finely chopped kale or spinach
– Approximately 12-15 fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Drain tofu and place block in a large mixing bowl. Completely mash with potato masher.
3. Add eggs to tofu. Stir together until completely combined.
4. Chop raw cauliflower into pieces less than 1”. Add to bowl.
5. Add all remaining ingredients except 1/3 cup of feta cheese to bowl.
6. Gently fold all ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
7. Pour mixture into an ungreased 9”x13” baking dish.
8. Flatten mixture with rubber spatula and sprinkle remaining feta cheese on top.
9. Dust with paprika.
10. Bake for 60 minutes. May require extra 10-15 minutes baking time.
11. When cooling, dust top of bake with julienned basil leaves.
12. Slice into individual squares.
13. Garnish with pepper slices and avocado
Variations: We love adding broccoli, corn and even fresh crab meat from time to time!
Pairing suggestions: An arugula based salad is an excellent complement to this savory bake!